Good morning. It’s Jessica Bahr here with SBS News’ Morning Briefing.
Scott Morrison says he is not ‘engaged in any day-to-day politics’ following revelations of secret portfolios
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese labelled the move “the sort of tin-pot activity that we would ridicule if it was in a non-democratic country”. Former Liberal prime minister Malcolm Turnbull called the revelations “appalling”, and said he was “astonished” that the prime minister and cabinet had gone along with what he called “sinister stuff”.
Why are Julian Assange’s lawyers suing the CIA?
US justice department opposes unsealing affidavit used to search Donald Trump’s home
Iran blames Salman Rushdie and supporters for his stabbing
In other news
- SBS News has taken a deep dive into extremism – to find out more, listen to the new podcast series .
- Brittney Griner has in a Russian court. The US basketball star was jailed for nine years on drugs charges after being arrested in a Moscow airport for travelling with cannabis-infused vape cartridges.
- China has as US politicians visited the island less than two weeks after US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit escalated tensions.
- Hobart City Council has the statue of former premier William Crowther who stole the skull of an Aboriginal man in the 1860s.
- A Myanmar junta court has to six years in prison for corruption, a source close to the case has said. The sentence takes the ousted leader’s prison time to 17 years.
Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – firstname.lastname@example.org. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.