My beloved dog was friendly for years then one day turned on me and nearly ripped my arm off – I nearly died

A MOTHER has claimed the beloved family dog turned on her and almost ate her alive – devouring “half her arm” in a vicious attack.

Tya Lucas was at home showing off her new pup Roo to her friend Peter, 33, on May 16 when seven stone pitbull Hercules lunged at him, grabbing his neck with his teeth.


Tya Lucas was attacked by her pitbullCredit: Kennedy News
The dog had been found abandoned two years before the attack


The dog had been found abandoned two years before the attackCredit: Kennedy News
Tya said the dog tore off almost half her arm


Tya said the dog tore off almost half her armCredit: Kennedy News

The 41-year-old from Lewisville, Texas, quickly pried the beast away from Peter, shoved him into the safety of the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

But once the mum-of-one was left alone in the living room with the animal, it then turned on her.

The dog tore off two thirds of Tya’s right arm and ate her bicep as well as sank its teeth into her leg and foot.

Luckily, Tya’s daughter Tana, 20, and her husband Harley, 21, arrived home and Harley was able to wrestle the canine away from Tya and carry her outside where a police officer happened to be passing.

Tya said: “The police said if I’d passed out in the house, he would have eaten me from my insides.

“They said they’d seen stabbings, gunshot wounds and they’ve never seen what they saw that day.

Police saved the mum by putting a tourniquet on her arm.

Tana and Harley had found Hercules abandoned at the side of the road, covered in cigarette burns two years before.

Bartender Tya says that Hercules had never shown signs of aggression before and even slept in bed with her the night before the attack.

“I don’t know how many times he bit me. I think it went on for about five minutes. I thought I was going to die. I fought somehow to stay alive,” she said.

Tya was rushed to hospital where she was put on a ventilator for two days. She stayed in hospital for 19 days where she had hundreds of stitches across her arm, leg and foot and five operations to cut away dead skin.

Medics also performed a sixth operation where a muscle on her back was rolled up into the shape of a bicep and attached to her arm.

Tya has set up a GoFundMe to cover her medical bills which are $180,000 so far.

Kim and Pete 'will have a baby via surrogate,' family lawyer claims
I'm a celebrity housekeeper - what my famous clients always want me to do

Tya and Tana gave the dog to police and it was put down. They have no idea what triggered the aggression but Tya has been left terrified of dogs.

A Lewisville Police Department spokesperson said: “This was a traumatic situation for this family and Officer [Jordan] Potter’s actions kept it from being a deadly situation, providing some comfort for the family.”

Tya spent 19 days in hospital recovering from her injuries


Tya spent 19 days in hospital recovering from her injuriesCredit: Kennedy News
Police put down the dog after the attack


Police put down the dog after the attackCredit: Kennedy News

fbq(‘init’, ‘752905198150451’);
fbq(‘track’, “PageView”);

Source link

Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Source: News